Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pin Up

I love "Pin Up" Style. And really love Pin Up girls. I know they are Racy...get over it.
Its just the feeling when you look at the art of it. The story and history that speaks through the model.

I love this sensual style. I found a favorite artist of mine that captures this style perfectly.
Gil Elvgren. All of the photos are his art. He states so perfectly how I feel about pin ups and why I love them so much.(AND...she is holding a Coca-Cola.) Its real, life, fun, beautiful and sensual.
I do not care for the extremely racy photos you find with Pin Ups. But respect it. It still is what it is. The history behind it all.
And I like it.



















And I quote.
"The beautiful Elvgren girls are never portrayed as a femme fatale. They are stylized ideals in which the realities and essentials of female form and expression are heightened and exalted artistically. Their charms are revealed in that fleeting instant when she’s been caught unaware in what might be a surprising, sometimes even embarrassing situation."

I could not have said it better myself. Maybe you don't understand it. But I love it. Some how this style is a part of me. Maybe its the naughty and nice. Somewhere deep downs she lives inside of me. I know what I like and I am not saying I will get a tattoo but a pin up girl would be part of my art.

I just might be a pin up girl for Halloween. Or maybe just a photo shoot. {Marie} :)

Oh one more thing. Don't think I left this baby behind in my check out cart from Victorias Secret recently. SO Pin Up! SO LOVE IT!




Ok it might show the bottom half of my Derriere...I still might sport it on the cruise next week.
Can't wait to blog some Cruise pics!

2 comments:

XO Marie said...

LOVE,LOVE pin-up girl's!! We are SO doing a "pin-up" shoot!!!
Have fun on the cruise ...so JEALOUS!

Amanda Jo said...

I have the most perfect Swim suit...well another perfect one...So this summa fo sho