Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The look?

I realized something recently... All of you can relate. We all have one of "these people" in our family. You know. You know.
{The Look}
The {look} you give them as they walk into your Thanksgiving get together, a little late of course {fashionably} And...
Damn
You have been out dressed...again.
Even if your aware of this and you try to out-do-her.
It.just.aint.gonna.happen.
You wait for the moment she arrives like, this year is going to be the year. Where they will have that bad day and show up in their sweats, hair pulled back. Ohhhh NO! Not this year either. She came with her hair did, a much-cuter-than-yours-sweater. Belt to just add to the envy. And the shoes...don't get me started.

SO
Don't judge me...
It is in my blood.

I got {the look}
This was me recently, receiving {the look} And realizing it.

I am a confident person. Ask my mother. She reigns me in a bit. Love you mom. But a few things about me...

I don't care what you think of me.
I like to dress up.
For me {.}
I don't dress up for you. Or him for that matter. Because he tells me I look good when I just woke up with hair that looks like I dipped it into the heart of a tornado! Which I wake up with every.single.morn. Its annoying.
I want to enjoy the shoes I just bought for $5.00 (that hurt just a tiny bit) Still...
I want to enjoy the jeans I just bought that fit so perfectly

SO...When you give {me} the look just know this.

I don't really like to do my hair. But do anyways...for me.
My nails...ALWAYS ten different things. I don't care.
My toes...still sporting Halloween. Whatev

you will see me...

In my grungies at the grocery.
Not doing my hair because... I really don't like to do it
At the thanksgiving get together in my sweats...
At the mall in a hat

I am an all or nothing kinda girl. All out. Or not.
And I.don't.care
And I like me.
Either way. And so does he. This is why I love him so much.
And...
{the look} you give me doesn't bother me. I know it is not completely my fault I like the things I do... :)

4 comments:

XO Marie said...

How much do I love you?..... A LOT!!!
And remember when Bryce told us he never liked your hair and make-up all "done-up" when you'd go to dances?!!
He liked ya just "normal"....
(awwww-so-sweet)

Lisa said...

SO TRUE! Amen sister!

Sarah said...

Amanda you kill me. I love your face. I also miss you we need to get together.

The Wes Gordon Family said...

Amanda, YOU ARE AWESOME!

I did not realize you HAD a blog!

I know that look, I give that look, some day when I am able to attend the Family Christmas Party < I will point out to whom I have given that look. but for now, I LOVE YOU , on the boat at Powell, with no make up on, or at home all dolled up. You are great, we all love you.